Content Management Systems
A web site content management system allows you to easily manage your website content and activity. It is an easy way to be able to run your website with minimal web design knowledge. After your website has been created/developed, you will want to be able to carry out the simple, day to day tasks yourself, without having to rely on our web design professionals. We will be on hand for the substantial tasks when required but the idea is for you to be able to manage your own website.
What makes a good Content Management System? The most important aspects of a good CMS are that it both works well and is easy to use for non-web savvy users. Some content management systems are complex and take a long time to become proficient with. – Not an ideal situation to get you up and running quickly. For that reason, we primarily use WordPress and Joomla web content management systems. Our experts rate these systems over others in terms of capability, flexibility, and user-friendliness. Both Joomla and WordPress content management systems are capable of building different types of powerful websites and are easy to learn and use.
What a CMS can do for you
- Control over your own site – You can not only run tasks such as subscriptions and online forms, but you can have some control over the appearance of your website. Website content and appearance is typically dynamic. With a CMS, you are able to make changes to your own website yourself.
- Easily content editing – Whether you have a typo to correct or a number of paragraphs to add, your CMS will enable you to make changes quickly and easily.
- Social Media – You can link up all of your social media accounts, assisting in SEO efforts as well as your online presence.
- Workflow/collaboration – A CMS enables multiple people to carry out their respective tasks. For example, one person may be responsible for writing a blog posts but not have the authority to publish. A content management system allows for tasks to be delegated, keeping the website running smoothly with multiple access.
- Saves you money – Having a CMS means you don’t have to involve your web developers every time you need to make a website change. The one-off implementation is the only cost.
A content management system makes your life easier when it comes to running a website and places your online business in your own hands. The right CMS can save you time, money and effort and make owning your own website a pleasure, not a chore. Our consultants can set up your CMS according to your precise specifications and requirements and then take you through how to manage it, giving you the control over your own website.